About our blog...

This blog lists blog entries from newest to oldest. There is a BLOG ARCHIVE listed on the left side. We try to title our entries by date and location. This blog will contain the stories or more detailed descriptions of where we are and what we are seeing. For more photos of our travels, please visit the link below, B&C Travel Photos.



Thanks for viewing and we hope you enjoy travelling with us!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Days 15,16,17 (June 7,8,9)





Cass and Patrick relaxing.
Day 15 - Tuesday, June 7

We took a down day today and stayed here at "home".  Patrick is exhausted and we sat with him.  We sat outside and enjoyed this beautiful campground.  It's pretty empty.  Our "neighbors" are from South Carolina and Massachusetts... such a small world.




Day 16 - Wednesday, June 8
We went to the Luray Caverns today and all the museums there.  The Caverns was way more than I thought it was going to be.  I guess I don't really know what I was expecting but it definitely far exceeded my expectations.  It was a clammy 54 degrees.  In fact by the time we got to the end of the tour, my glasses were fogging over, fortunately my camera was fine.

There were close to 50 people in our group and unfortunately it was hard to hear everything that the guide talked about because Cass and I would end up near the end of the tour because I would be taking so many pictures.  I took 258 pictures of stalactites, stalagmites and all sorts of formations!  Somehow I managed to cull that down to the approximately 100 that I put in the photo blog.

Day 17 - Thursday, June 9
We drove the Skyline Drive today and took Patrick with us.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the caverns had brick walkways...very impressive. We've done a couple cave tours in South Dakota but they had just smoothed out a walkway on the cave floor.

    ReplyDelete